There certainly are no shortage of celebrity weight loss challenges going around this year and apparently the famous Dr. Oz wasn’t about to be left out, revealing his “Just 10 Pounds” weight loss challenge earlier this month. The point of this particular challenge is to make people aware that even losing only 10 pounds can make a drastic difference in their health situation as “the incidence of heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis can be cut in half.”
I want season two of the Dr. Oz Show to be the season when you did more than watch, I want it to be the season you lost Just 10 pounds,” he said.
What can we expect from this particular challenge? Dr. Oz and his team of experts provide 5 steps to get started on the weight loss journey and 5 weight loss miracles already in your medicine cabinet.
Steps to get started:
- Get a Just 10 bracelet from zappos.com to have as a tangible reminder of your weight loss goal. (This doesn’t quite count as one of the steps, but it does help.)
- Cut soda out of your diet. It contains too much caffeine and high fructose corn syrup. Additionally, it causes an increased risk of diabetes, bone weakening, and tooth decay. Start by swapping just one can of soda for a glass of water a day.
- Do not eat anything for at least 3 hours before going to bed. People who eat at night tend to pay less attention to the types of food they are consuming and tend to gain 19 more pounds per year than those who do not eat at night.
- Take at least 10,000 steps per day or, if you cannot do that, keep moving for at least 10 minutes per day. Even moderate exercise contributes to weight loss if done on a regular basis.
- Practice portion control when eating. Do not consume any snack portions larger than the size of your fist.
- Have accountability by tracking your progress. Weigh yourself every day.
Medicine Cabinet Weight Loss Supplements:
- Keep your metabolism going by taking vitamin B complex every day. While metabolizing carbs, proteins, and fatty acids, the vitamin B complex also provides plenty of energy.
- Take a 600mg calcium supplement plus another 600mg of calcium from food calcium rich foods to help prevent bone fractures.
- Take 400mg of magnesium daily to support bone strength.
- Take 1,000IU of vitamin D3 with 900mg of DHA to support memory and vision and decrease risk for heart attacks and stroke.
- Reinvent your favorite food recipes to include healthier substitutes for the not so healthy ingredients.
Free Diet Profile and OMG Fat Loss ReportEnter the type of foods you eat in my Free Diet Profile and you'll get:
- 10 personal recommendations to help you lose body fat right now.
- You'll also get my special Fat Loss report and discover this "1 trick to losing body fat."
Just enter your first name and email below and your diet profile and free bonuses will be emailed to you.
Your email will NEVER be sold or rented. We guarantee your confidentiality. Be sure to check your "bulk","spam" or "junk" folders in your email as sometimes they get mistakenly filtered.