One year after a much publicized 60 lb weight loss, Us Weekly reports on how Janet has successfully maintained her great shape and kept the weight off. She recommends “eating light” and does not believe eating is about deprivation. She admits to having “cheat days” and handles her cravings by having “a little bit of it” but making sure to get back on track by “doing a little extra exercise.” While she continues to work with her nutritionist, she has now hired a chef to prepare her meals instead of using a food delivery service as she did last year. Btw, she used freshdining.com which is the same food-delivery service that Rickie Lake used to lose weight.
Janet Jackson’s Diet Plan
It’s a 1300-1650 calories-a-day meal plan with 3 meals and 2 snacks.
4 egg whites with 1 yolk and half a grapefruit or 3 small oatmeal protein pancakes with sugar-free maple syrup and 2 slices of turkey bacon.
- Midmorning snack
Mixed green salad with grilled zucchini and 4 ounces of grilled chicken with olive oil and lemon pepper dressing or 4 ounces of tuna salad mixed with Dijon mustard and wrapped in lettuce, and an apple.
- Midafternoon snack
6 ounces of cottage cheese and berries or 12 almonds.
5 ounces grilled tilapia with half a cup of wild rice or 5 ounces of ahi tuna with grilled asparagus.
Janet Jackson’s Workout
While she was losing weight she was doing about an hour of exercise six days a week and now, in maintenance mode, she is doing about half that. Her trainer, Tony Martinez, describes her workout routine:
- Interval Training mixing cardio and resistance work. “She’ll walk on the beach for a minute, then side-shuffle for 30 seconds, then run for a minute.” “Next we got to a reverse lunge with 3 pound weights for 30 reps, and back to a run again.”
- Sports “We hit tennis balls. If she misses, she has to do pushups. If she misses again, it;s walking lunges around the court.”
- Dancing “Rehearsal is a big workout. It’s cardio and lasts for 8 hours.”
Judging from her diet plan, she curbs her hunger by eliminating processed carbs and having a good amount of protein with each meal. It’s obviously a plan that works for her. Way to go Janet!Tags: Celebrity, Celebrity Diet Tips, Celebrity Diets, Celebrity Weight Loss, Janet Jackson, Weight Loss, Weight Loss Tips
Free Diet Profile and OMG Fat Loss ReportEnter the type of foods you eat in my Free Diet Profile and you'll get:
- 10 personal recommendations to help you lose body fat right now.
- You'll also get my special Fat Loss report and discover this "1 trick to losing body fat."
Just enter your first name and email below and your diet profile and free bonuses will be emailed to you.
Your email will NEVER be sold or rented. We guarantee your confidentiality. Be sure to check your "bulk","spam" or "junk" folders in your email as sometimes they get mistakenly filtered.