Country music star Miranda Lambert, on tour promoting her latest album Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, reveals to People magazine how she sticks to her diet and exercise plan while on the road. Having gone from a size 10 to 4 with the help of personal trainer, Tony Boykin, and “lots of lunges and salads,” she admits “maintaining a healthy weight has always been a struggle. I’m not one of those ‘can-eat-whatever’ girls. I’ve had to work at it.”
Miranda Lambert’s Food and Exercise Journal on Tour
- April 26: When faced with a fajita buffet for lunch, she opted for a low cal option by turning it into a chicken taco salad.
- April 28: She ran stairs for 30 minutes, 4 sets of 20 lunges.
- April 29: She skipped on exercise due to a late arrival into Nashville, but stayed on plan with an Asian Chicken Salad from P.F. Chang’s.
- May 1: Cardio for 30 minutes before bedtime.
- May 2: She visited the weight room at her hotel working on pull downs, curls and kickouts.
- May 4: After breakfast, she went to the workout room and did cardio and resistance training.
- May 12: Working with her trainer, she ran for 45 minutes followed by weights for 30 minutes. She reports eating less carbs in preparation for the ACM awards.
Miranda Lambert’s Workout on the Road
Traveling with her dumbells and a 7 lb straight-bar on her tour bus, she works out with her trainer 4 days a week on:
- Abs: 4 sets of 50 crunches.
- Lowerbody: 2 sets of 20 lunges on each leg, using her straight-bar overhead for stability.
- Free weight and resistance band exercises: 4 sets of 25 reps
How she stays fit and healthy
Despite the demands of a busy touring schedule, Miranda shows how, with a little creativity and planning, she sticks to her diet and exercise plan on the road. She does it by planning her exercise routines beforehand and working around her schedule to fit it in. She is creative with her meal planning, choosing low-cal options. It obviously works for her and it shows!
Free Diet Profile and OMG Fat Loss ReportEnter the type of foods you eat in my Free Diet Profile and you'll get:
- 10 personal recommendations to help you lose body fat right now.
- You'll also get my special Fat Loss report and discover this "1 trick to losing body fat."
Just enter your first name and email below and your diet profile and free bonuses will be emailed to you.
Your email will NEVER be sold or rented. We guarantee your confidentiality. Be sure to check your "bulk","spam" or "junk" folders in your email as sometimes they get mistakenly filtered.