1) Before the Vitamix 5200 Blender, I made nut butter with the Hamilton coffee grinder. The good thing was portion control existed because I could only make 3 tablespoons at a time. With the Vitamix, I can make a WHOLE JAR in less than 5 minutes!
2) Before the Vitamix 5200, I made fresh pesto or guacamole with the weak 3-cup Cuisinart food processor. I would need to dice or chop the ingredients first before tossing into the food processor. (Yes, pre-dicing or chopping was necessary with this weak food processor). Now I just throw everything in except for the peels of the avocado and onions. And pesto or guacamole is ready to serve in less than a minute.
3) Before the Vitamix 5200 I made ice cream or sorbet the old fashion way – with a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. I had to first freeze the bowl for 24 hours. Then I had to beat the ingredients until creamy smooth before pouring into the freezing bowl to churn for another 15 minutes. Now I just throw the ingredients into the Vitamix, and ice cream or sorbet is ready to serve in less than a minute. (The key is 3 part frozen ingredients to 1 part liquid ingredient).
4) Before the Vitamix 5200, I bought tahini (sesame seed paste) to make hummus. I had to mince the garlic and grind the cumin seeds first. Now instead of buying tahini, I just throw in enough sesame seeds to make the paste as well as all the other ingredients in (except for the garlic peel), and hummus is ready to serve in a minute.
5) Before the Vitamix 5200, I made whole wheat pancake/waffle batter with the egg beater. Now I throw everything in the Vitamix, and the batter is ready to cook in less than a minute.
6) Before the Vitamix 5200, I would knead the dough by hand because my hand electric mixer was not powerful enough to knead. With the Vitamix, the dough is ready to put into the oven in less than 15 minutes. It’s not the perfect dough, but this just illustrates how strong the Vitamix is.
7) Before the Vitamix 5200, I would buy my applesauce. Traditionally, applesauce is made by boiling the apples till soft and then pureeing using a food mill. The problem with this method is that by boiling the apples for 10 minutes, 50% of the Vitamin C is lost. Store bought applesauce are no better since they are usually made from apples that have been in storage for some time or from apples that no one wants to buy. With the Vitamix, I do not have to cook the apples. I just throw in a few apples with some true cinnamon, and applesauce is ready to serve in less than a minute. It’s that simple. Best of all, all the nutrients that apple has is retained. This also works well with pears if you dare to venture for some pear sauce.
1) It’s a whopping $450! Typical blenders cost $50.
2) It does NOT juice. It will liquidate but will not extract the pulp out. If you love carrot juice, you will still need a juicer.
3) It will smell like “BURNING RUBBER” if the speed is set too low for the batch. That is if the batch is heavy and the speed is not correct, the lingering smell of burning rubber will begin to fumigate.
4) The blades will eventually need changing if you love “intensive action” and will set you back about $100.
5) It will not grind or blend well if less than 1/2 cup.
6) It is quieter than most typical blenders IF the speed is low but will sound like a “lawn mower” if the speed is high. High speed is necessary to make sorbet, ice cream, thick smoothie, and nut butter.
1) The Vitamix is just a blender.
The Vitamix is not just a blender but a food processor, ice cream maker and electric mixer all in one.
2) The Vitamix sold at Costco are not UL Listed.
NOT true. The Vitamix sold at Costco are UL Listed.
Celeb Diet Doc Says…
I love the Vitamix… It is one of the best ways to get started on a whole foods diet. Use this link to get this Vitamix Blender with Free Shipping
Free Diet Profile and OMG Fat Loss ReportEnter the type of foods you eat in my Free Diet Profile and you'll get:
- 10 personal recommendations to help you lose body fat right now.
- You'll also get my special Fat Loss report and discover this "1 trick to losing body fat."
Just enter your first name and email below and your diet profile and free bonuses will be emailed to you.
Your email will NEVER be sold or rented. We guarantee your confidentiality. Be sure to check your "bulk","spam" or "junk" folders in your email as sometimes they get mistakenly filtered.